Does being a parent seem overwhelming or even impossible? It’s not easy to parent, but we know it’s possible with the help of others. Parenthood is one of life’s greatest treasures and most difficult journeys. Learn what’s available to you along the way.
Are you ready to parent?
Making the choice to parent is as difficult as choosing adoption or abortion. Children don’t come with an instruction manual. Each child is unique. There isn’t a parent on the face of the earth that will tell you parenting is easy. No matter how much money, help, or brains you have, parenting is a challenge. It’s also incredibly rewarding.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Will my parents support me if I choose to parent my child?
- Can I count on my partner to help me?
- What if my partner or parent(s) don’t want me to keep the baby, but I do?
- Can I finish school or continue my career and parent?
- How will I afford a child?
- Where will we live?
We can answer most of these questions and give you the information and resources you need to be a great parent.
Services we provide
You would be surprised at the amount of community support that is available for you. We also offer support. Here’s a quick list of what we can provide:
- Referrals for community resources, including medical
- Pregnancy and parenting counseling and education
- Medicaid referrals
- Baby necessities like diapers, formula, cribs, etc.
- Maternity wear
- A support team by your side
All of the above services and more are offered to you for free.
Deciding to parent
Come and chat with us about the parent option. You may be surprised by what you’re capable of. We’ll give you community referrals and support along the way. No matter who else is in your life, we promise you won’t have to do this alone. We are here to serve you and help you prepare to be the best parent you can be.